Pages

jeudi 19 juin 2014

Love ur Look - vintage clothing


Hello dear readers,
Today I would like to introduce you an England brand: Love ur Look !
Love ur Look is a feminine, flattering, unique, ethical and affordable clothing.
All the designs are made to enhance and embrace the female form.
Combining a love for vintage clothing and kitsch style prints, what I really love !


"Love ur Look is the brainchild of Stylizers founder Ronke Fashola.
Combining cute prints , vintage inspiration from the 1940/50s & the beauty of a women's body into the designs.

All fabrics are sourced from up-cycled fabric markets throughout India which makes the collection unique and ethically sourced and produced. Ronke spends a great deal of time in India working in the factories to ensure her production is of a high standard for her customers.

Designs come in size 8 - 20 and prices start at £20.00

Love ur Look Clothing is designed to give everyone who wears one of the ethically made pieces confidence and a new found love for fashion! 
All trims and fabrics are sourced from ethical markets in India. 

Bespoke designs are also available"

http://www.loveurlook.co.uk




For this shooting I wore this lovely 1950s style postcard print dress. I really love this print, so colorful. I can easily imagine the housewives in 1950s wearing this kind of dress for a casual look.

You can buy the dress here:












Pictures by Onirique
Make-up / Hair / Styling by me
Earrings - Bow and Crossbones
Brooch - Maedchentraum
Shoes - Bel Aire from Miss L Fire
Nylons - Cervin
Hair scarf - vintage




Here is a little interview with Ronke


What inspired you to start your business? 
Starting my own brand had always been a life dream of mine. With my love for vintage and knowledge of working in the industry it felt like a natural progression. I have been a personal stylist and seen a great deal of wardrobes so felt confident about what women wanted and needed. I felt confident about what a real women’s body was like and wanted to make a fun, unique and ethically conscious range. 
What is your professional background – training, past employment or any other experiences that have influenced your decision to start-up? 
I studied fashion and business, marketing, PR & finance at the London College of Fashion which lead me to a career  as a fashion buyer for high street brands such as Newlook and Bhs as well working in  Hong Kong & Germany and for small boutique brands. Working with such a wide range of companies enabled me to understand what it takes to create a commercial and profitable range strong and understand the manufacturing and technical garment side of creating a range. 
I was able to gain my more in-depth technical knowledge such as pattern cutting while visiting factories, watching and asking questions, plus many trial and error moments along the way. As well as buying I have experience as a personal stylist (Stylizers style consultancy) which I have done for over 10 years. I’m currently running & growing LoveurLook and working at the London College of fashion as a business studies pathway leader for international students which, I love immensely as they are extremely supportive of my LoveurLook ! 
How would you describe your business venture?
Love ur Look is a vintage inspired collection which is inspired by the 1950s and 1940s. The fabrics are all sourced from surplus fabric and trims markets making the collection sustainable. I produce the majority of my collection in India and stay out there for 1-2 mths at a time creating my collection with my factory. As I have direct contact with my factory and work with my team in India the working environment is ethical and all the workers are paid fairly.
The collection is all about enhancing and embracing the female form; with fun and vintage inspired prints the designs are not only flattering but stylish and wearable by all.
How did you get into the vintage style?
I’ve been wearing vintage before it was called vintage. Before Camden is what it is today.. When second hand shops had dresses from 1970s 60s in them not just Primark as they do today.. So for  a very long time.
Describe your style? 
A massive mix of all eras.. I love the 1950s for the glamour and the quality of the products. How people took time and thought about what they were going to wear. I have a mix of vintage from the 1930s- 80s in my wardrobe. Not 90s as I don’t see this as vintage..    
What makes your business different? What can your customers expect?
My prints are all up cycled from surplus markets. My trims buttons are also vintage or surplus which makes my collection unique in comparison to other vintage reproduction brands. I’m also working on a bigger collection of my own designed prints for LoveurLook for 2015.
I also pride myself in the attention to detail, which I get complemented on all the time from my customers.  I line all of my dresses.. So often you pay for £40 or more for a dress or skirt and it has no lining.. This drives me crazy...
Do you have any future plans that you can share? 
Yes lots.. but I’ve don’t like to talk about them until they are all confirmed.
Let us share your links:



Next events and locations in England where you can find and shop Love ur Look. 
Don't miss them!




Love,