Pages

jeudi 17 avril 2014

Miss L Fire - Glamorous Shoes for Pin-Up Girls

Hello everyone,

let me introduce you a retro inspired shoes brand with which I have the pleasure to collaborate:  Miss L Fire 



For those of you who never heard about Miss L Fire before, one of the most important things that you need to know about the brand: it's all about the details !  From the elegant to the most extravagant, your feet are the stars ! If you are looking for some original shoes with great quality inspired by the eras from 1920s until 1960s then Miss L Fire is for you.





"Miss L Fire was launched in 2005 by our founder and designer, Lynsey Hand, and has been going strong since its first season. Miss L Fire footwear reflects a love for all things glamorous, with a particular leaning towards the 'Golden Era' of glamour, 1940's & 50's Hollywood. However, Miss L Fire is by no means a 'retro' collection and simply continues to focus on making the wearer feel fabulous."
(on the picture is the beautiful Lynsey Hand by Eicke Bock Photography / Hair & Makeup by Lipstick & Curls)



I bought my first pair on Ebay: the Streamlined in Green.
The first thing that attracted me is, obviously, the art deco details and the color. I had the feeling that this model comes directly from the 1930s. The heel height is perfect to be worn every day and they are very comfortable.


When it comes about shoes I always prefer to try them before to be sure about the size because all the shoes don't fit exactly the same (sometimes you need to take a size up or down).
I wear 37 EU (US7 - UK4) but here for Miss L Fire I think that some models runs a little bit bigger. So in my case for this kind of classic models (without ankle strap) I take a size down if it's possible (to be sure to don't have the sensation of "losing" the shoe) or my normal size but I add a half sole in the shoe (not for all of them, depending of the model).
Here actually I wear them with a half sole and they fit great.

Photographer: Hanson Leatherby Photography
http://hansonleatherby.com/ 
Clothes Frantic About Frances "Daywear for Dames" line, shop the collection here: www.franticaboutfrances.org.uk
Hair & Make-Up: Pretty Me Vintage
http://www.prettymevintage.co.uk/
Shoes: Miss L Fire www.misslfire.com
Location: Brighton Vintage Holiday Lethttp://www.brightonvintageholidaylet.blogspot.co.uk/
February 2014





One of my last "crush" is these amazing Pandora in Red:

(Nylon stockings from Cervin)

Aren't they fabulous ?





My collaborations with Miss L Fire started with these amazing shoes from their Autumn & Winter 2013 Collection. It was a very glamorous and comfortable collection inspired by different eras, mainly the 1930s and 1940s. What I liked the most with these shoes it that they are really easy to wear for daily and at the same time for special occasion.
The quality is impeccable, the details are cared and each model is available in 3 or 4 colors.



Here is some of the pictures that I made with a couple of them:


Eltham in Black

"If you're dreaming of being Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby, this is the style for you! Eltham is a leather Mary-Jane with deco embroidery and cut out detail"





Pictures by Damona-Art
Styling by me
Make-up & Hair by Frances Folies
Dress: Leluxe Clothing (thanks to Miss Anne Thropy)
Headpiece and bracelet : 1989 Jewelry
Nylon Stockings: Cervin
Location is the amazing Hotel Metropole Brussels


Persia in Gold

(earrings and brooch on the picture are from Glitter Paradise and headpiece from 1989 Jewelry)

This is what I call "My perfect 1940s inspired evening shoes". 
I especially love the details over the toe.
They look timeless and the color is wonderful. Ideal for a romantic night out.




Pictures by Damona-Art
Styling by me
Make-up & Hair by Frances Folies
Dress, brooche and hat: vintage
Earrings: Be-Angeled
Nylon Stockings: Cervin


Cleopatra in Red

"It's all about the 30's with our Cleopatra shoe! A leather and snake beauty with a little bow trim and zig-zag detail"





Pictures by Stephan Creutzburg
Makeup / Hair / Styling by me
Blouse and skirt: Nudeedude
Nylon hair scarf: vintage
Hair flower: Sophisticated Lady
Nylon stockings: Cervin


and the same but in Orange/Gold





`

Pictures by Stephan Creutzburg
Makeup / Hair / Styling by me
Dress and jacket: Trashy Diva
Hat: Vintage
Earrings: Be-Angeled
Nylon stockings: Cervin





Recently they released their new collection Spring/Summer 2014 Collection.
Here is some of the models that I already adore !


The 5th Avenue



The Rockerfeller



The Bel-Aire




The Maxie




The Cinderella



The Parade


The Rosita



For shopping you have 2 possibilities:

- UK & rest of the world: www.misslfire.co.uk
- US & Canada: www.misslfire.com

Don't hesitate to search on Ebay for some good deals and where you can found some old models.

And you, do you wear Miss L Fire ? What do you think about their new collection? What are your favorite models ?


With Love,